Admin/ Finance Officer – November 2017
Hours of work: Monday and Friday 5-10 hours per week from home.
(additional hours to be worked as and when required).
Rate of pay: 8.50 per hour
Responsible to: Committee and Pre-school Leader
- Act as first point of contact for visitors, by email.
- To maintain and uphold the confidential nature of all Pre-school matters, records and documents, especially those relating to children and fellow staff members.
- Collect children’s application forms and update the waiting list accordingly, keeping parents informed as needed.
- Update and maintain all pre-school database systems including attending children, children on the waiting list.
- To ensure that register and children’s records are kept updated including emergency contacts and medical forms and relevant information passed to staff.
- Print and email a copy of the attendance list to the playleader as required
- Invite new parents for a visit, notifying them of all the relevant registration documents needed prior to their child being offered a permanent place within the pre-school.
- Arrange visiting dates for new children.
- Preparing and submitting headcount each term for funded children.
- Fees to be calculated and invoiced every half term and ensure fees are collected on time.
- Save computer data back ups on a weekly basis and email important documents to self.
- Update Welcome Booklet for new parents and keep the web site updated.
- Organise timesheets and payroll for all staff and email to the PSLA. Pay wages and NI as required.
- Ensure that pay rates are in line with Employment Law.
- Manage basic financial transactions, following existing systems and updating these as necessary. Keeping the accounts up to date and liaising with the accountant to prepare end of year accounts. Submit accounts to the CC on time and in the correct format.
- Receive invoices and pay all invoices on time for all Pre-school resources.
- Attend committee meetings to feedback to committee.
- Support committee fundraising, marketing & advertising through general administrative tasks
- Working with the Pre-school Leader, re-type/amend policies to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Ordering of stationery, resources and toys as required
- ensure Committee details and DBS checks are up to date for staff and committee.
- Ensure that the bank account is still appropriate for the needs of the committee
- Update the reserve policy redundancy figures annually.
- Liaise with the Chair or Manager to advertise vacancies
- prepare annual reports to submit to the CC, with the accountant’s help and with the approval of the committee.
- Keep the Bedford Borough Council preschool listing up to date
- Provide the budget to the Committee and Manager for approval annually in September/October.
- Keep the HMRC records up to date
- Ensure that all signatory lists are up to date and relevant. Action as required.
- Ensure that the trustees list is all up to date on the Charity Commission website. Record dates of birth and address for trustees. Ensure all trustees have completed an EY2 form.
- Issue contracts as required and ensure that they are in line with current applicable regulations
- Investigate insurance quotes and pass to committee for decision in plenty of time.
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
References will be taken up before the job is offered to the successful candidate.
DBS checks will be in place before the successful candidate starts work at the pre-school.
- Ability to communicate effectively face to face, in writing, by telephone and by e-mail
- Able to organise filing systems for documents
- Comfortable with ICT and experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Maths
- Commitment to team work
- Have an interest in Early Years childcare and experience of a Pre-school setting
- Administrative experience
- Bookkeeping/financial experience
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to show initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL Nicky Smith before 10 December 2017 with your CV, to: email@example.com